Automation is one of the challenges which Testers are facing every day and still most of us are unable to build a reliable script and create an environment where we can easily debug and resolve the issue, capture screenshots/videos of the entire flow, control the execution speed, store execution reports, handle flaky cases, and this list goes on and on.
We invest a lot of time to build the perfect framework as per our needs and we still end up scrapping it after a couple of years. So, I started looking for a tool that can take care of all the ad-hoc tasks and I can solely focus on adding test cases to my suite, and soon I stumbled upon Cypress.
Cypress is a tool that helps us to write Unit, Integration, and End to End test cases for UI and API. So it can be used by a Developer or a Tester.
Cypress is bundled with features like
- Time Travel
- Debug Capabilities
- Automation Waiting
- Spy/Stub API requests
- Inbuilt screenshot and video capturing capabilities
- Supporting cross-browser execution
- Controlling browser resolution and much more 🙂
- Creating test cases to interact with different UI elements and make API calls
- Configuring Properties and Environment variables
- Executing scripts on multiple environments
- Spying/Stubbing XHR requests
- Externalizing test data using fixtures
- Integrating execution reports with Cypress Dashboard
- Running scripts on multiple browsers